Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA not sending or receiving messages

Hello All:

I am having a problem sending or receiving mail in OWA. My operating system is Windows Server, Standard Edition with a Active Directory domain environment. I have installed Exchange Server 2007 in this environment.

After installation, I was able to open OWA and send and receive one message. After that, I have not been able to send or receive any other messages. I have two other accounts which I was using to test the installation.

When I attempt to send a message from my exchange server account it never sends the message and places the message in the drafts box. I had a friend send a message to me at my Exchange Server account, but I never received the message.

Please note: when I look in the services tab, I see that every Exchange Server service is running with the exception of the Microsoft Exchange Transport Service. When I first checked in services both the information Store and Transport Service were set at automatic, however, they were not started. When I attempted to start the information store, it started. However, when I attempt to start the transport, I get the following message:

The transport service started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically If they are not in use by some other services or programs.

I am hopeful that someone can help me solve this problem. Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

Re: OWA not sending or receiving messages

What does the BPA show? Any errors in the event log? Did you SP this with rollups? When did you notice the change? DCDiag and NetDiag all show ok?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hi Andy:

Thanks for the response. Pardon my ignorance but what is the BPA? I ran exchange server many years ago and forgot all I knew about it prior to running it again. I ran dcdiag and everything said ok with the exception of DFSREvent, it had a problem with replicating a SYSVOL, it didn't indicate which volume though.. The netdiag command was not found, I was attempting to run it from the dos prompt. Yes, this is Exchange Server w/sp1 installed. I noticed the change five days after receiving and sending that first message. I can't recall now what I did to the system during those five days. Which event log should I be checking?

I have uploaded the dcdiag results
      Attached Files
      Last edited by astone; 30th January 2009, 12:23.

Comment

Exchange Best Practices Analyzer. It is in the GUI and may throw up any problems.
        Application and System logs could all show things, a restart of the server may help to show any events that log only when services are restarted but obviously that means downtime.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hi:

I have gone through the BPA and attempted to correct the errors I saw in there. One thing though, I get a certificate mismatch and exchange says I should use a ssl certificate from a CA. Does that really matter with respect to the self signed certificate as opposed to one purchased from a CA?

Comment

Working...
          X