No announcement yet.

Install 2007 ENT on Server 2003 Standard with Forest/Domain 2008 environment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install 2007 ENT on Server 2003 Standard with Forest/Domain 2008 environment

Hello there,

I have a scenario properly noone have.

I am trying to install Exchange 2007 ENT on Server 2003 Standard (SP2) box in 2008 Forest/domain environment. Everytime i run

Setup.com /PrepareLegacyExchangePermissions

I got an error " Cannot find at least one domain controller running Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 or later in the Domain 'DC=local,Dc.net'

Question: Is it possible? What should i do?

I know that if i install it in Server 2008 ENT, it will work for sure but I just want to try, if this possible. I'm curious.

Thanks,
    P2nd
    You'll live and you'll learn - Good advice costs nothing but it feel good, you learn something.

Re: Install 2007 ENT on Server 2003 Standard with Forest/Domain 2008 environment

Are you actually transitioning from Exchange 200x?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../aa997914.aspx

Have you got DNS etc all functioning correctly as well anyway?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: Install 2007 ENT on Server 2003 Standard with Forest/Domain 2008 environment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
      Are you actually transitioning from Exchange 200x?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../aa997914.aspx

Have you got DNS etc all functioning correctly as well anyway?
      Thx Andy - Yes, i'm trying to migrate Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007. In term of DNS, i have migrated them from Server 2003 STD to Server 2008 ENT and everything went good.
      You'll live and you'll learn - Good advice costs nothing but it feel good, you learn something.

Comment

Possibly a silly question but I assume your sites and services is all setup with the correct IP addresses?
        cheers
        Andy

Comment

Possibly a silly question but I assume your sites and services is all setup with the correct IP addresses?
          No problem, question is legit, yes, the IP correct prefer DNS i pointed to Server 2K8 which is my DC which DNS service as well. I try to install another 2003 and promote it to DC as well and will see, will follow up later..

Comment

Originally posted by P2nd View Post
            I try to install another 2003 and promote it to DC as well and will see, will follow up later..
            I assume you mean 2008 as you have a 2008 forest/domain according to the first post?
            cheers
            Andy

Comment

I assume you mean 2008 as you have a 2008 forest/domain according to the first post?
              yes, i just install another 2K3 Standard (not 2008 )as a DC just to see if Exchange 2007 detect it.

Yes, it did, i able to go on to first command (setup.com /PrepareLegacyExchangePermissions) then i stuck again when i run "setup.com /PrepareSchema" i got error There was an error when executing 'ldifde.exe' to import schema file 'D:\Setup\ServerRoles\Common\Setup\Data\PostWindow s2003_schema0.ldf'. Error code: 8206. More details can be found in the error file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.%domainname%\Local Settings\Temp\1\ldif.err'

-- will try again....

Comment

If your forest and domain are set to 2008 native then you can't install a 2003 DC anymore I'm afraid.
                cheers
                Andy

Comment

If your forest and domain are set to 2008 native then you can't install a 2003 DC anymore I'm afraid.
                  I did it. So that error came up, i Restart ADDS service on Server 2008 and try again. It works till the end...i'll start the actual installation tomorrow. Hope it help someone here too.

Thanks for you ideas and suggestion Andy.
                  Cheers mate.

Comment

Working...
                  X