Event ID 9331 & 9335 from MSExchange Common

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event ID 9331 & 9335 from MSExchange Common

I get the following errors every day at 4AM when the server tries to replicate the OAB:
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSExchangeSA
    Event Category: OAL Generator
    Event ID: 9335
    Date: 1/20/2009
    Time: 4:41:40 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MERCURY
    Description:
    OALGen encountered error 80004005 while cleaning the offline address list public folders under /o=DOMAIN/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List. Please make sure the public folder store is mounted and replicas exist of the offline address list folders. No offline address lists have been generated. Please check the event log for more information.
    - Default Offline Address List

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSExchangeSA
    Event Category: OAL Generator
    Event ID: 9331
    Date: 1/20/2009
    Time: 4:41:40 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: MERCURY
    Description:
    OALGen encountered error 80004005 (internal ID 50101ee) accessing the public folder store while generating the offline address list for address list '/'.
    - Default Offline Address List

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    I can also make the error happen by trying to update the OAB through the management console. From what I could find, the system attendant needs to be running as local system, but it already is, so I don't think that's my problem.

I came across this KB article; it's the same issue but the resolution doesn't really help me as its for 2003. I went into the management console, expanded Organization Configuration and went into the Mailbox. In the address list tab, I right clicked on Public folders and went to edit... I just clicked through going next next edit and got the following error:
    Apply Public Folders
    Completed

Warning:
    The recipient "DOMAIN.local/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/OAB Version 2" is invalid and could not be updated.

Warning:
    The recipient "DOMAIN.local/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Offline Address Book - \/o=DOMAIN\/cn=addrlists\/cn=oabs\/cn=Defaul" is invalid and could not be updated.

Warning:
    The recipient "DOMAIN.local/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Offline Address Book - first administrative group" is invalid and could not be updated.

Warning:
    The recipient "DOMAIN.local/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Schedule+ Free Busy Information - first administrative group" is invalid and could not be updated.

Warning:
    The recipient "DOMAIN.local/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Organizational Forms Library (English US)" is invalid and could not be updated.

Warning:
    The recipient "DOMAIN.local/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Contrutech - Top Products" is invalid and could not be updated.

Warning:
    The recipient "DOMAIN.local/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Seminar & Webinars" is invalid and could not be updated.

Warning:
    The recipient "DOMAIN.local/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Spring Classes" is invalid and could not be updated.

Exchange Management Shell command completed:
    update-AddressList -Identity '\Public Folders'

Elapsed Time: 00:00:03
    I tried to do the same to Default Global Address, but the only menu option for that is help, and it doesn't.
Working...
X