How to block spam from users using my own address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to block spam from users using my own address

I'm using Exchange 2007 and a commercial spam filter. About 50% of all the spam comes from spammers using my own address as from address. Most of the spam ends up in the Junk but some of the spam is able to get passed by the filter.

Question: Is there a way to block spam from spammers using my own e-mail address?

PS: I don't want to block e-mail being sent from me!

Re: How to block spam from users using my own address

The spam filter filters inbound email right? Email from you will only be outbound. Even if you "access" your email externally, it's sent from your server, not to your server. I would try blocking your email address and see if it works.

Comment

Re: How to block spam from users using my own address

It's possible that the email is being sent from your account, but it's far more likely that the sending address is being spoofed. Make sure your mailserver is as secure as possible, and likewise for your mail account. Other than that, there's little else you can do.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
      X