Recovery Storage Group: no mailboxes match the matching criteria

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery Storage Group: no mailboxes match the matching criteria

I am trying to use a recovery storage group to copy mailbox data from a backup copy of the Exchange database to another mailbox.
    I was able to create the recovery storage group, restore the backup copy to the RSG directory and then mount the RSG database just fine.
    The issue is when I run the "merge or copy mailbox contents" task and click on the "Perform pre-merge tasks" button, it shows me the RSG name, linked SG name, and selected database name etc but at the bottom says "No mailboxes match the matching criteria".
    I have checked the advanced options that are available before performing the pre-merge tasks but the only match options by default are Mailbox GUID for both match and sort options.
    I'm not sure what if anything I am doing wrong. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Hindsight is 20/20 foresight is what matters

Re: Recovery Storage Group: no mailboxes match the matching criteria

I found the solution to this on my own so this thread can be deleted. It was due to the database not being in the correct directory
    Hindsight is 20/20 foresight is what matters

Comment

Well thanks for posting back.
      It might help other users who running against this.
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but what does "It was due to the database not being in the correct directory" mean exactly. I am having the same problem. Create the RSG and just leave the default locations?

Comment

Working...
        X