Unable to install exchange 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to install exchange 2007

hello frndz, i facing a big problem in installing exchange 2007 Actually i will tell you the whole story so you guys can understand my problem easily
    i have to install exchange 2007 for one of our customer While installing i found some one has already install exchange 2007 but i remove that
    But now when i am trying to install the installation fails and it shows the error message "The mailbox server already istalled on this computer" even i formated the system but stiil the problem does not resolve
    Plz can anyone help me Its very important and urgent

Re: Unable to install exchange 2007

More information required. What OS are you installing onto? Is it a DC or a member server? Did you fully remove the previous installation of Exchange? After the format, did you give this server the same name?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thanx for the reply I am using Windows Server 64bit Enterprise edition Its a member server I have fully format this OS and Assigned the same computer as it was before

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries
        Did you fully remove the previous installation of Exchange?
        What was Exchange installed on before? How did you remove it? Did you verify that it was correctly removed?
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Before it was Exchange 2007 but it was not configured properly by the system administrator So i just directly formatted OS

Comment

So you didn't uninstall Exchange? That'll be your problem then. Exchange is not just an application - it integrates itself into AD. To remove it properly, you need to go through the proper procedure, otherwise you end up where you are now - as if the previous server failed. Have a look at http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/.../msg01445.html
            Gareth Howells

Comment

Ok Sir what i have to do Can you giv me brief explanation

Comment

Originally posted by Bharat Suneja
                Remove the server from the Configuration container using ADSIEdit.
                Under the Configuration container, drill down into CN=Services. I believe you have to delete CN=Microsoft Exchange, or at least any references in there to the server in question.

Naturally, you already have a backup that you have tested and know you can restore from, but take another one immediately before you make any changes like this too.
                Gareth Howells

Comment

There are no manual removal instructions for Exchange 2007.
                  If Exchange was on the machine before then you should not have just formatted the machine. You need to remove Exchange correctly using add/remove programs.

Do a disaster recovery installation of Exchange on a machine with the same name as the original machine. Once complete then use add/remove programs to remove Exchange correctly.

Simon.
                  --
                  Simon Butler
                  Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
                  More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
                  Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
                  In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Working...
                  X