OWA login problem on test setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA login problem on test setup

I am doing a test to prepare for a new Exchange 2007 install. I am adding a new 2008 member server with Exchange 2007 to a site that has a server 2003 domain.

I setup the following on my local LAN:

Fresh install server 2003 SP2, promoted to DC and created some domain users.

Fresh install server 2008 x86, added as member server to new domain, installed Exchange SP1 32 bit trial (I don't have spare 64 bit hardware).

Existing XPP not joined to domain used for OWA.

Forms authentication with username only is set on Exchange.

I setup everything and tried to connect using OWA as a test using administrator and it worked.

I then mail enabled one of the existing users I had made in AD and OWA reports "the username or password you entered is not valid"

I created a new mailbox and user using the Exchange management console and I can login to OWA with those credentials.

I used ADUC that I installed on server 2008 to create a user and then mail enabled it and can login to OWA with those credentials.

I used ADUC on server 2003 to create a user and then mail enabled it and get the username or password you entered is not valid error.

I can't see any differences between the various users.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Re: OWA login problem on test setup

Responding to my own question. I left everything running and went off to do something else. I returned a little while ago and the various user accounts that did not work with OWA now work.

I also created more new users with both ADUC on the server 2003 and the server 2008 and mail enabled them and they work with OWA.

Comment

Working...
    X