Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gal

Hi

I can still see user I hide from GAL from outlook but I cannot see the user when I do through OWA.

Any idea?

Regards
    Joe

Re: Gal

Are you viewing the GAL or the OAB? Are you running Exchange in cached mode?

Comment

Outlook is in cached mode

GAL - from outlook click on the address book and searching for the name that was hide is still visible.

Comment

If Outlook is running in cached mode then you're looking at a cached copy of the GAL. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and delete any files with an oab extension. This should clear up the problem.

Comment

Do I have to do that for every user?

...any mass way to do that?

Comment

Do I have to do that for every user?

...any mass way to do that?
            You can use MS PowerShell to create a routine to access all workstations and make changes to a folder. If you have multiple users on a workstation you will have to for each user. You could also write a routine to run a search on each workstation looking for OAB files and then delete them. if you automate the deletion you will need to insure that you you do not delete something vital.

The following link is a MS Script that you can use as a basis for automating this process.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr....mspx?mfr=true

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
            X