Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 Recipient Policy

Hi Folks,

One of our new requirement is in AD under "email addresses" tab we want the users settings to also include [email protected]. SUpport crew has been entering it manaully.. I 'd like to automate this task.

How to make this happen?

Thanks
    Joe

Re: Exchange 2007 Recipient Policy

I might be wrong, but does this help?

http://www.petri.com/configure-speci...recipients.htm

Andy

Comment

It does..

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

But as mentioned when I apply this and it gets repplicated across wont I have duplicate enteries?
      [Since the support crew have been entering this manually]

Also would this also who up in "contacts"?

Thanks
      Joe

Comment

I updated it - but I see some errors:
        Summary: 2 item(s). 2 succeeded, 0 failed.
        Elapsed time: 00:00:38

New firstname.lastname
        Completed

Exchange Management Shell command completed:
        new-EmailAddressPolicy -Name 'firstname.lastname' -IncludedRecipients 'MailboxUsers' -Priority 'Lowest' -EnabledEmailAddressTemplates 'SMTP:%g.%[email protected]'

Elapsed Time: 00:00:00

Apply firstname.lastname
        Completed

Warning:
        Failed to update recipient "domain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/SystemMailbox{E3BDB75E-A7B8-41B5-9D7F-B9AAF69EA82B}". The following exception occurred: A proxy generator DLL on server <server> could not be found or failed to initialize. Proxy addresses for the current recipient cannot be calculated. Please ensure that all the proxy address generator DLLs have been installed on the target server..

Warning:
        Failed to update recipient "domain/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/SystemMailbox{7B628013-3410-4E00-A7A9-AF65721018FA}". The following exception occurred: A proxy generator DLL on server <server> could not be found or failed to initialize. Proxy addresses for the current recipient cannot be calculated. Please ensure that all the proxy address generator DLLs have been installed on the target server..

Warning:
        Failed to update recipient "domain/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/SystemMailbox{BAB4A686-881A-4D2F-890B-26D6E57073E2}". The following exception occurred: Exchange Server 2007 <server>returned an error -2147023653 from the Address List Service..

Warning:
        Failed to update recipient "domain/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/SystemMailbox{BB4551AC-D912-486A-98C5-83AD79D8BBCA}". The following exception occurred: A proxy generator DLL on server <server> could not be found or failed to initialize. Proxy addresses for the current recipient cannot be calculated. Please ensure that all the proxy address generator DLLs have been installed on the target server..

Warning:
        Failed to update recipient "domain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/SystemMailbox{742E39CE-A9B6-4265-9B04-1C71FE24F916}". The following exception occurred: Exchange Server 2007<server>returned an error -2147023653 from the Address List Service..

Warning:
        Failed to update recipient "domain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/SystemMailbox{C0C4F2B6-B747-45FB-AA3A-AC4DD3802CD7}". The following exception occurred: A proxy generator DLL on server <server> could not be found or failed to initialize. Proxy addresses for the current recipient cannot be calculated. Please ensure that all the proxy address generator DLLs have been installed on the target server..

Warning:
        Failed to update recipient "domain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/SystemMailbox{8816A23E-F8CF-4A56-99F7-196904E0B486}". The following exception occurred: Exchange Server 2007 server returned an error -2147023653 from the Address List Service..

Warning:
        Failed to update recipient "domain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/SystemMailbox{6DDAE088-1BEA-47AF-BA15-E97EF91F0ED1}". The following exception occurred: A proxy generator DLL on server <server> could not be found or failed to initialize. Proxy addresses for the current recipient cannot be calculated. Please ensure that all the proxy address generator DLLs have been installed on the target server..

Exchange Management Shell command completed:
        update-EmailAddressPolicy -Identity firstname.lastname'

Elapsed Time: 00:00:38

Any ideas why I got this - though it says "complete"

Comment

Has the Exchange server been upgraded from 2003 Exchange or the mailboxes moved from a 2003 Exchange server?

Is this a single 2007 exchange box or is it in a cluster?

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Migrated to a new server

No cluster. At this time we have both 2003 and 2007 exchange running.

Comment

Hi

as per this

I updated it - but I see some errors:
              Summary: 2 item(s). 2 succeeded, 0 failed.
              Elapsed time: 00:00:38

The email address has been updated successfully and there were no failures

Now you are getting this
              Failed to update recipient "domain.com/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/SystemMailbox

It also says
              Apply firstname.lastname

were as system mailbox doesn't have any first name last name.
              You can find info about systemmailbox here
              http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...#SystemMailbox

My understanding is that since in Exchange 2003 the mailbox email addresses are controlled via ADUC whereas in Exchange 2007 the mailbox email address is controlled via Exchange management console. We don't see any email address on the user object if we have pure E2K7 installed

It functions differently.
              Here is the info
              http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/20...02/429053.aspx

So i would say that it's quite natural for you to see those warnings as there can't get a new email address stamped to them.
              Thanks & Regards
              v-2nas

MCTS 2008, MCTIP, MCSE 2003, MCSA+Messaging E2K3, MCP, E2K7
              Sr. Wintel Eng. (Investment Bank)
              Independent IT Consultant and Architect
              Blog: http://www.exchadtech.blogspot.com

Show your appreciation for my help by giving reputation points

Comment

Navdeep Thanks

Comment

Working...