No announcement yet.

EMT 2007 on Vista

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMT 2007 on Vista

Trying to install the Exchange Managment tools for 2007. I have all pre-req's installed on my Vista sp1 workstation. IPv6 is not used on any of my NIC's. I DO have a static IP address. I keep getting the following error: "This computer ... has not been assigned an IPv4 address. IPv6 is only supported in Ex2007sp1 when it is installed on a pc running windows server 2008 that has both IPv4 & IPv6 enabled."

Can anyone assist with this issue?

Re: EMT 2007 on Vista

Can you please post the output of ipconfig /all from the Vista workstation?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

I attached the output from the ipconfig/all. I did change some of the octets to "x" for our gateway & dns...but they are correct on my output. There appears to be an IPv6 address on the Tunnel adapter - which you cannot remove. I do not have any adapters IPv6 enabled however. Thanks for your assistance!
      Attached Files

If you enable IPv6 on your vista pc, does that still generate the same error?

Thank you!! That worked. Who would have thought enabling IPv6 even though nothing in our environment is using IPv6 - including the Exchange Server.