No announcement yet.

Problems setting up Outlook anywhere

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems setting up Outlook anywhere

I have a new installation of Exchange 2007 on Server 2008. When I try to setup an Outlook 2003 client it fails the check name. It will not syncronize or download mail. I have disabled IPV6 per some blogs I have read on the problem. OWA works perfectly. I have installed an SSL certificate from GoDaddy and it seems to be installed properly. I have tried all the settings on the clients and I am sure the problem is with the Exchange server. I have not tried and Outlook 2007 client yet.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problems setting up Outlook anywhere

What OS is Outlook running on? How is that machine connected to your server? Checked firewalls? Does everything else seem to work with regards to networking between the server and clients?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Problems setting up Outlook anywhere

Test with the testoutlookconnectivity test site from Microsoft - link in the sticky at the top of the forum. That should give you a pointer on the issue.

Simon Butler
      Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
      Exchange Resources List:
      In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.