Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message Tracking

Hi all,

I need to create a script that shows me all emails sent to a certain domain by using the get-messagetrackinglog cmdlet.

Can this be done?? I've tried substituting the email address in the script to *@domain.com but it doesn't work.

Has anybody ever done this before?

Matt

Re: Message Tracking

Now this isn't perfect, but I run this every week to export our tracking info, these files are then imported into a system which compiles all the reports around it, ie top 10 senders, max message size blah blah...

get-messagetrackinglog -ResultSize Unlimited -Server "***CAS/HUB***" -EventID "RECEIVE" -Start "30/09/2008 00:01:00" -End "12/10/2008 23:59:00" | select-object Timestamp, sender, RecipientCount, totalbytes | export-csv c:\tracking\EX01_RX1.csv

get-messagetrackinglog -ResultSize Unlimited -Server "***CAS/HUB***" -EventID "SEND" -Start "30/09/2008 00:01:00" -End "12/10/2008 23:59:00" | select-object Timestamp, sender, RecipientCount, totalbytes | export-csv c:\tracking\EX01_TX1.csv

perhaps you can modify one of these?

Comment

I'l shall give it a go now and let you know!

Thanks very much!

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Stingray_Matt View Post
        I'l shall give it a go now and let you know!

Thanks very much!

Matt
        I just tried -

get-messagetrackinglog -Sender "*@hotmail.com" -Server "adeex01" -EventID "RECEIVE" -Start "30/10/2008 00:09:00" -End "30/10/2008 15:19:00"

and it failed, but when I tried

get-messagetrackinglog -Sender "[email protected]" -Server "adeex01" -EventID "RECEIVE" -Start "30/10/2008 00:09:00" -End "30/10/2008 15:19:00"

I got results out, so I can only assume it does not like the wildcard.

Mike

Comment

Yeah, i've just executed what you suggested. I need it to return the sender and the recipient of each email. I can then open it into Excel and find all the email with a certain domain name.

Comment

Yeah, i've just executed what you suggested. I need it to return the sender and the recipient of each email. I can then open it into Excel and find all the email with a certain domain name.
            We have two Hub/Cas servers, so this is what I run. Just alter you hub/cas name, mine are adeex04 & 05, and change your start/end time and dates and you should be good to go.

get-messagetrackinglog -ResultSize Unlimited -Server "adeex04" -EventID "RECEIVE" -Start "30/09/2008 00:01:00" -End "12/10/2008 23:59:00" | select-object Timestamp, sender, RecipientCount, totalbytes | export-csv c:\tracking\EX04_RX1.csv
            get-messagetrackinglog -ResultSize Unlimited -Server "adeex05" -EventID "RECEIVE" -Start "30/09/2008 00:01:00" -End "12/10/2008 23:59:00" | select-object Timestamp, sender, RecipientCount, totalbytes | export-csv c:\tracking\EX05_RX2.csv
            get-messagetrackinglog -ResultSize Unlimited -Server "adeex04" -EventID "SEND" -Start "30/09/2008 00:01:00" -End "12/10/2008 23:59:00" | select-object Timestamp, sender, RecipientCount, totalbytes | export-csv c:\tracking\EX04_TX1.csv
            get-messagetrackinglog -ResultSize Unlimited -Server "adeex05" -EventID "SEND" -Start "30/09/2008 00:01:00" -End "12/10/2008 23:59:00" | select-object Timestamp, sender, RecipientCount, totalbytes | export-csv c:\tracking\EX05_TX2.csv

Comment

I think i must be missing a parameter somewhere because it's not bringing any external recipients back. I've tried replacing recipientcount with recipients but it still doesn't work.

Comment

I think i must be missing a parameter
                OK, I'll have another peek, yup this script only returns our addresses, i did extract all but forgot I changed the script some time back.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X