Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with child domain users web access

Hi All,

I have a problem with my exchange 2007 server's web access along some weeks.
    I have one forest, two domains in that forest and one child domain. All work fine in my forest except that one child domain which users cannot access their mailboxes when trying to log on outlook web access with their accounts.

After the action that a child domain users log on to their mailboxes with outlook web access, this problem (down of this message) occur on the next page.

Request

[image]expnd.gif[/image] Show details

Url: https://mailserver:443/owa/lang.owa
    User host address: x.x.x.x

Exception
    Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADTransientExcep tion
    Exception message: Could not find any available Domain Controller in domain DC=xx,DC=xxx,DC=x.

Call stack
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.DSAccessTopology Provider.GetServerFromDomainDN(String distinguishedName, NetworkCredential credential)

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ConnectionPoolMa nager.GetConnection(ConnectionType connectionType, ADObjectId domain, String serverName, Int32 port, NetworkCredential credential)

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ConnectionPoolMa nager.GetConnection(ConnectionType connectionType, NetworkCredential networkCredential, ADObjectId domain)

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.GetCon nection(String preferredServer, Boolean isWriteOperation, Boolean isNotifyOperation, ADObjectId& rootId)

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.GetRea dConnection(String preferredServer, ADObjectId& rootId)

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Find(A DObjectId rootId, String optionalBaseDN, ADObjectId readId, QueryScope scope, QueryFilter filter, SortBy sortBy, Int32 maxResults, IEnumerable`1 properties, CreateObjectDelegate objectCreator, CreateObjectsDelegate arrayCreator)

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Read(A DObjectId entryId, IEnumerable`1 properties, CreateObjectDelegate objectCtor)

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.Recipient.ADReci pientSession.Read(ADObjectId entryId)

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ExchangePrincipal. Save()

Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.DispatchLanguagePostLocally(OwaContext owaContext, OwaIdentity logonIdentity, CultureInfo culture, String timeZoneKeyName, Boolean isOptimized)

Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.DispatchLanguagePostRequest(OwaContext owaContext)

Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.PrepareRequestWithoutSession(OwaContext owaContext, UserContextCookie userContextCookie)

Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.InternalDispatchRequest(OwaContext owaContext)

Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.DispatchRequest(OwaContext owaContext)

System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep. System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute( )

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously

.... and, in the MailServer event application log is writing an error with source: MSExchange ADAccess, with event id: 2130.

Down, there is:

Process w3wp.exe (OWA) (PID=3976). Exchange Active Directory
    Provider could not find an available domain controller in domain
    DC=xxx,DC=xx,DC=x. This event may be caused by network connectivity
    issues or configured incorrectly DNS server. This event may also occur if
    you have not configured correctly your multiple Active Directory sites.

For more information, see Help and Support Center
    at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Any suggestions.. ?

thanks a lot in advance..

Re: Problem with child domain users web access

Can Exchange access the domain controllers in that site?

The error
    Could not find any available Domain Controller in domain DC=xx,DC=xxx,DC=x.
    seems fairly self explanatory.
    Have you setup sites/services correctly, checked firewalls, run dcdiag/netdiag and prepared all relevant domains?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Except this child domain all work fine... and more, that the child domain users can connect to exchange to own mailboxes from outlook cient.
      In event viewer in Exchange server i see an event id 2080 and there it looks like that child domain exist in active directory topology, with another domains in my forest.

The problem is only with Web Access and only for child domain users.

... P.S. If you suppose that any sites and services not configured properly for child domain users to work with OWA, can you give some tips or tricks about it ?

thanks in advance..

Comment

Just make sure the subnets are correct for the servers and DCs in each site.
        Does Outlook itself work for those users?
        You didn't say anthing about the domain preps?
        Every domain that even just hosts users with mailboxes requires a prep.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

So,...

-That child domain users work great from outlook clients, but from web they have trouble.

I've also try the commands (setup domain/prep etc.) from my child domain,.. and it worked fine.

The problem is more different...

Comment

Working...
          X