Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripting some Public Folder Commands

Hi everyone,
    I need some help with creating a powershell script. I don't know if i should post my request here, or over in the scripting area. Since it is for Exchange, i will start here and see what happens.

We are in the final stages of migrating from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007. Using utilities from Microsoft, we are syncing the data between the two Exchange servers (They are in different AD forests). Now that we have finished the user migrations, we need to setup the public folders to actually accept mail from the outside world so we can change our MX record, and get off this Exchange 2003 server. I have a list of all the existing public folders on the Exchange 2003 server, and their associated email addresses. All of these folders also exist on the Exchange 2007 server. I have also found the commands that i need to run to mail enable the public folders, hide them from the address book, remove the default email address policy, and add the new email address that is needed for each folder.

My question, how do i get all of these scripts to read the information from a text file or other file so i don't have to create 400 scripts, three times.

Here are the commands that i would be using. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Code:
    Enable-MailPublicFolder -Identity "\Legal\Pending" -HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled $True
    Code:
    Set-MailPublicFolder -Identity "\Legal\Pending" -EmailAddressEnabled $False
    Code:
    Set-MailPublicFolder -Identity "\Legal" -PrimarySmtpAddress [email protected]
    app

Re: Scripting some Public Folder Commands

Originally posted by apperrault View Post
    My question, how do i get all of these scripts to read the information from a text file or other file so i don't have to create 400 scripts, three times.
    For the text file, you can try a comma-separated values file, where the first line is the header row [e.g. PFName, email].
    And use the Import-Csv cmdlet to take values from the list.
    sample:
    Code:
    $data = import-csv c:\ps\mepf.csv
    foreach ($row in $data)
    {
      write-host $row.PFName $row.email
    }
    \Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Thanks Rems, along with your recommendations and someone here at the office, that i didnt know knew PowerShell, we got this working.

Thanks again

app

Comment

I can't wait to see it...

Glad you got it sorted app.

\Rems
        Last edited by Rems; 7th September 2008, 22:19. Reason: typo

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
        X