OWA issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA issues

I have a user that is logged in as another user on a PC. When she tries to access her OWA account she gets an innsufficient rights message.

Inner Exception
    Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADOperationExcep tion
    Exception message: Active Directory operation failed on (DOMAIN CONTROLLERNAME). This error is not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights to perform the operation. Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150A45, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0

What's the deal here? I need it to be where any user can log into their OWA account from any PC, no matter who is logged on. What do I have not set up right?

Thanks is advance!

Re: OWA issues

Wow..no love, huh? OK...I have an update here. It seems to be a seperate issue, but all related. I have several users with Blackberrys and they are setup to authenticate through the OWA. After lots of research, i have found out that when this user attempts to log into the OWA, they get an error...just like the one I posted above. I will post the entire error message below.

Could someone please help me?

Request
    Url: https://OWA ADDRESS:443/owa/lang.owa
    User host address: *.1.7.*
    Exception
    Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.StoragePermanentEx ception
    Exception message: There was a problem accessing Active Directory.
    Call stack
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ExchangePrincipal. Save()
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.DispatchLanguagePostLocally(OwaContext owaContext, OwaIdentity logonIdentity, CultureInfo culture, String timeZoneKeyName, Boolean isOptimized)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.DispatchLanguagePostRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.PrepareRequestWithoutSession(OwaContext owaContext, UserContextCookie userContextCookie)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.InternalDispatchRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.DispatchRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
    System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep. System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute( )
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    Inner Exception
    Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADOperationExcep tion
    Exception message: Active Directory operation failed on TAPE.bartlett.local. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights to perform the operation. Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150A45, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0
    Call stack
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Analyz eDirectoryError(PooledLdapConnection connection, DirectoryRequest request, DirectoryException de, Int32 totalRetries, Int32 retriesOnServer)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Execut eModificationRequest(ADRawEntry entry, DirectoryRequest request, ADObjectId originalId)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Save(A DObject instanceToSave, IEnumerable`1 properties)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ExchangePrincipal. Save()
    Inner Exception
    Exception type: System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.DirectoryOperat ionException
    Exception message: The user has insufficient access rights.
    Call stack
    System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection. ConstructResponse(Int32 messageId, LdapOperation operation, ResultAll resultType, TimeSpan requestTimeOut, Boolean exceptionOnTimeOut)
    System.DirectoryServices.Protocols.LdapConnection. SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request, TimeSpan requestTimeout)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.PooledLdapConnec tion.SendRequest(DirectoryRequest request, LdapOperation ldapOperation)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Execut eModificationRequest(ADRawEntry entry, DirectoryRequest request, ADObjectId originalId)

Comment

Just in case someone runs across this issue...here was the resolution.

Open up Active Directory Users and Computers

Go to the View menu, Advanced.

Locate the user in AD, right click, properties.

Jump to the security tab.

Click “Advanced”

Click “Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here.”

Check box and apply.

Click OK and OK again.
      Last edited by Truck; 28th August 2008, 20:22. Reason: Sloppy

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and we appreciate you sharing your hard found solution with us all Truck. I am sure this will help our readers now and in the future. Also very well done on finding the solution yourself as it seemed to have our readers a bit stumped.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X