Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross-Forest Migration From W2k/E2k to W2k8/E2k7

Hello,

We are currently in the testing process of migrating from an old 2000 domain with exchange 2000 to a new 2008 domain with exchange 2007. On our test domains;

We have succesfully used ADMT to migrate user,group and computer objects

We have also used the exchange 2007 shell to migrate mailboxes and re-attach them to user objects (on a seperate note is there any reason this displays an error message initially but after being left for a few minutes continues to migrate as normal?)

I am a little stumped as to how we can replicate public folders between the two servers. I initially thought the InterOrg replication tool would do what we need, but upon closer inspection it doesnt appear to be functional with E2k7. I have looked at pfmigrate, but again I cant see if it is compatible - I also dont know how it will work as we will have users on both domains during the transition and it appears to be a tool to move rather than replicate.

Are there any other tools available? Could someone point me in the direction of a whitepaper?

Thankyou.

Re: Cross-Forest Migration From W2k/E2k to W2k8/E2k7

PFMigrate is no good.
    How big are your PFs? You may find it easier to export them to PST (by copying into outlook).
    If not then have you had a look through this?
    Let me know how you get on because I haven't tried it yet
    http://exchangeserverinfo.com/2008/0...p1-forest.aspx
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Thanks Andy, I will have a look at that this afternoon and report back

Comment

I am using that replication tool for our PF replication. It works OK. we have a lot of PFs and a lot of data within those PFs, so it took a while for the initial sync, and the service fails occasionally for no apparent reason, but a simple restart gets it going again. i am not spending a lot of time trying to figure out why it fails, since we are in the process of getting off the old server. this utility worked pretty well for my needs.

app

Comment

Hi Andy, to confirm - the above worked perfectly in our test environment. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X