Exchange 2007 transition glitches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 transition glitches

I'm in the middle of a transition from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 and I'm experiencing a couple problems that I can seem to resolve on my own.

This is a very simple W2K3 domain with one Exchange 2003 server and a new Exchange 2007 server. The install seemed to go well and my Exchange 2007 is up and running. I've been able to move a couple test account mailboxes from 2003 to 2007 without error.

From a test account with it's mailbox on the Exchange 2007 server I can successfully send e-mail to recipients whose mailboxes are on the Exchange 2003 server and to internet recipients. The reverse is not true, however. The test account can not receive mail from users on the Exchange 2003 server or from the internet.

I'm thinking that there must be a problem with the routing group connector on the 2003 server that points to the 2007 server, or with the receive connector on the 2007 server.

Can anyone offer any advice or solution?

Thanks.

Re: Exchange 2007 transition glitches

If you run the cmdlet "get-routinggroupconnector" what do you see?

I would also check your SMTP Virtual Server does not have a smarthost entered. This will cause exactly what you are seeing.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

It showed the expected routing group connectors.

When looking at the connector on the Exchange admin console the details for the connector were blank, so I deleted it ac recreated it with this command:

New-RoutingGroupConnector -Name "Exchange01 to Exchange2" -SourceTransportServers "Exchange2" -TargetTransportServers "Exchange01" -Cost 10 -Bidirectional

And it now works. So, the problem was a non-functional routing group connector, and the problem is now resolved.

Comment

Exchange creates this automatically so it is a little worrying that it failed. Either way I'm glad you got it working.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X