Entourage not working with Exch07 on Server08

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entourage not working with Exch07 on Server08

I am hoping that somebody can give me a hand on this - I have tried everything I can think of and spent hours researching to no avail.

We have Exchange 2007 installed on Server 2008 and all clients are working fine except Entourage 2008. We have the WebDAV modules loaded and the OWA works fine for both /owa and /exchange. We have certificates installed and working and Outlook 2007 works fine. IMAP works fine on Entourage. No matter what we try, we cannot get Entourage to collect mail when connected to the Exchange server.

It appears to connect okay - no authentication or certificate errors, but the inbox is empty. Is it looking for the mail in the wrong place? The mailboxes are held on a separate server.

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks
    Colin

Re: Entourage not working with Exch07 on Server08

for whatever it's worth, i have the exact same situation. exch 2007 sp1 on server 2008 with entourage 2008. i get connections but no data or folders.

i've been searching around to no avail.

sjw

Comment

It seems to be some legacy thing with the 'hooks' in AD for Exchange 2003.

Installing Exchange 2003 on the network seems to make it work. Don't MS test this stuff - they produce all the ingredients (Entourage, Exchange etc.). :-/

Good luck!

Colin
      Colin

Comment

do you mean installing an exchange 2003 server somewhere else in the network but in the same AD made it work for you? ie, a pure new exchange 2007 on a server 2008 doesn't work?

thanks

sjw

Comment

You got it ... installed a exch 2003 server (used setup /forest prep) and suddenly everything worked. We had spent hours (including help from MS) and got nowhere.

Go figure.
          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colinjack View Post
            You got it ... installed a exch 2003 server (used setup /forest prep) and suddenly everything worked. We had spent hours (including help from MS) and got nowhere.

Go figure.
            mmm this is realy interesting, which mode did you install it ???
            I mean WS 08 and of course exchange, ???

Comment

Installed in native mode ... but we have now broken it again!

All was working okay but we then created a number of seperate mailbox databases and moved users from the default mailbox into the new databases.

Outlook still works fine. /owa works fine. But now /exchange and entourage no longer work - i.e. those that use the legacy 2003.

I have tried changing data paths in virtual directories etc. but to no avail.

<weep>
              Colin

Comment

Working...
              X