Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.5 to 2007 Exchange Migration

Hi,

Can someone please advise me if 5.5 to 2007 Exchange Migration is possible?

We have
    (1) Exchange 5.5 and windows 2003 environment. - Old Domain Environment.
    (2) Exchange 2003 + Windows 2003 Environment - New domain Environment.

We are planning to purchase Exchange 2007 retail version, so that we can upgrade old domain environment to Exchange 2007. This helps us testing new 2007 features as well as we have around 250 users as supposed to 2000 users in new domain environment.

Later upgrading new domain environment to 2007 as well.
    This way I can try 2007 with less users on the old domain and later migrating to new domain.

I would be grateful if someone can guide me through the right channel. Any documentation would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Kind Regards,

Re: 5.5 to 2007 Exchange Migration

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...EXCHG.80).aspx

When transitioning to Exchange 2007, you cannot perform an in-place server upgrade on an existing Exchange server. Instead, you must install a new Exchange 2007 server into the existing organization, and then move data to the new Exchange 2007 server.

You cannot upgrade an existing Exchange Server version 5.5 organization to Exchange 2007. You must first migrate from the Exchange Server 5.5 organization to either an Exchange 2003 organization or an Exchange 2000 organization, and then you can transition the Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2000 organization to Exchange 2007.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks Heaps, That solves my question. Looks like I can download a trial exchange 2003 to use for the transition and migrate then to exchange 2007.

Thanks,

Comment

No problemo, don't forget the reputation button (the ying yang above the post that was helpful)
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Also, Quest's Exchange Migration Wizard will allow you to migrate directly from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2007.
          http://www.quest.com/exchange-migration-wizard/

Comment

Thanks.. Quest is good but it is very expensive for a organization of 4000 users.

Comment

Working...
            X