Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can not mount the Mailbox Database, my God ..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not mount the Mailbox Database, my God ..

Hi all,

Since my company for the budget reason, just have one server, it installed W2K3 R2 64 and Exchange Server with SP1 at the same box

It is a sample server, and testing, before we real bought the product server .. now it all work fine ..

Then I move to the backup and restore plan ...

And here some experts suggestion I am using Image Software like Acronis and Synamtec Backup Exec System Recovery etc ..

Since I am newbie on AD and Exchange 2007 too, it look like a easy way to full backup the system ...

But ... the problems coming ...

Let me replay what my step do...
    Here our server environment ..
    C: is OS only (W2K3 R2 64bit) 25GB
    D: is Exchange Server 2007 trail install here and the Database all other save here (100GB)

Then using Acronis to backup ...
    While backup, the exchange still running and fine ..

1. Install the Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server trail
    2. Using Acronis to Full Backup (Image mode) of Drive C:
    3. Using Acronis to Full Backup (Folder mode) of Drive D:\Program File\MS\Exchange\*.*

then reboot ..
    Using the CD-Rom to restore the Drive C: and then Drive D:

Then reboot ...
    Login to Windows, look like ok, but when I check the log files ...
    It show many error ..
    And the Exchange not work anymore, can not mount the Database ...

The Event Viewer content here ..

MSExchange System Attendant Mailbox (Event ID 4001)
    A transient failure has occurred. The problem may resolve itself in awhile. The service will retry in 56 seconds. Diagnostic information:

Cannot open mailbox /o=EGR/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=MAIL02/cn=Microsoft System Attendant.
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ConnectionFailedTr ansientException: Cannot open mailbox /o=EGR/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=MAIL02/cn=Microsoft System Attendant. ---> Microsoft.Mapi.MapiExceptionNetworkError: MapiExceptionNetworkError: Unable to make connection to the server. (hr=0x80040115, ec=-2147221227)
    Diagnostic context:
    Lid: 10648 dwParam: 0x6D9 Msg: EEInfo: Generating component: 2
    Lid: 14744 dwParam: 0x6D9 Msg: EEInfo: Status: 1753
    Lid: 9624 dwParam: 0x6D9 Msg: EEInfo: Detection location: 501
    Lid: 13720 dwParam: 0x6D9 Msg: EEInfo: Flags: 0
    Lid: 11672 dwParam: 0x6D9 Msg: EEInfo: NumberOfParameters: 4
    Lid: 8856 dwParam: 0x6D9 Msg: EEInfo: prm[0]: Unicode string: ncacn_ip_tcp
    Lid: 8856 dwParam: 0x6D9 Msg: EEInfo: prm[1]: Unicode string: mail02.testufo.com
    Lid: 12952 dwParam: 0x6D9 Msg: EEInfo: prm[2]: Long val: -1527653632
    Lid: 15000 dwParam: 0x6D9 Msg: EEInfo: prm[3]: Pointer val: 0x000000001AD6B370
    Lid: 19778
    Lid: 27970 StoreEc: 0x80040115
    Lid: 17730
    Lid: 25922 StoreEc: 0x80040115
    at Microsoft.Mapi.MapiExceptionHelper.ThrowIfError(St ring message, Int32 hresult, Int32 ec, DiagnosticContext diagCtx)
    at Microsoft.Mapi.ExRpcConnection.Create(ConnectionCa che connectionCache, ExRpcConnectionCreateFlag createFlags, ConnectFlag connectFlags, String serverDn, String userDn, String user, String domain, String password, String httpProxyServerName, Int32 ulConMod, Int32 lcidString, Int32 lcidSort, Int32 cpid, Int32 cReconnectIntervalInMins, Int32 cbRpcBufferSize, Int32 cbAuxBufferSize)
    at Microsoft.Mapi.ConnectionCache.OpenMapiStore(Strin g mailboxDn, Guid mailboxGuid, Guid mdbGuid, ClientIdentityInfo clientIdentity, String userDnAs, OpenStoreFlag openStoreFlags, CultureInfo cultureInfo, String applicationId)
    at Microsoft.Mapi.ConnectionCache.OpenMailbox(String mailboxDn, Guid mailboxGuid, Guid mdbGuid, WindowsIdentity windowsIdentityAs, String userDnAs, OpenStoreFlag openStoreFlags, CultureInfo cultureInfo, String applicationId)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ConnectionCachePoo l.OpenMailbox(String serverDn, String userDn, String mailboxDn, Guid mailboxGuid, Guid mdbGuid, Object identity, ConnectFlag connectFlag, OpenStoreFlag openStoreFlag, CultureInfo cultureInfo, String clientInfoString, Boolean secondTry)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ConnectionCachePoo l.OpenMailbox(String serverDn, String userDn, String mailboxDn, Guid mailboxGuid, Guid mdbGuid, Object identity, ConnectFlag connectFlag, OpenStoreFlag openStoreFlag, CultureInfo cultureInfo, String clientInfoString, Boolean secondTry)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ConnectionCachePoo l.OpenMailbox(String serverDn, String userDn, String mailboxDn, Guid mailboxGuid, Guid mdbGuid, Object identity, ConnectFlag connectFlag, OpenStoreFlag openStoreFlag, CultureInfo cultureInfo, String clientInfoString)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.MailboxSession.Ini tialize(LogonType logonType, ExchangePrincipal owner, DelegateLogonUser delegateUser, Object identity, OpenMailboxSessionFlags flags)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.MailboxSession.Cre ateMailboxSession(LogonType logonType, ExchangePrincipal owner, DelegateLogonUser delegateUser, Object identity, OpenMailboxSessionFlags flags, CultureInfo cultureInfo, String clientInfoString)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.MailboxSession.Ope nAsAdmin(ExchangePrincipal mailboxOwner, CultureInfo cultureInfo, String clientInfoString, Boolean useLocalRpc, Boolean ignoreHomeMdb)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.MailboxSession.Ope nAsAdmin(ExchangePrincipal mailboxOwner, CultureInfo cultureInfo, String clientInfoString)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Servicelets.SystemAttendantMail box.Servicelet.Work()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

---------
    MSExchangeFBPublish (Event ID 8213)
    The Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service failed to create session for virtual machine MAIL02. The error number is 0x80040115.

-------

Actually, on my case how to backup and restore? We really no money to using Enterprise Edition with CCR this way ..

10000 x Thank you.

Re: Can not mount the Mailbox Database, my God ..

Your store is not mounted, can you mount it?
    [Powershell]
    Start-DayDream
    Set-Location Malibu Beach
    Get-Drink
    Lay-Back
    Start-Sleep
    Wake-Up!
    Resume-Service
    Write-Warning
    [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment

I'd suggest that the Acronis broke the Volume Shadowcopy Service.

I had used it to backup my Exchange Server 2007 SP1 and then repartition my HDD and then here are the worst List happens:

1. Between the two Server (Exchange Server and Domain Controller) the propagation is halted, which then causing

2. Outlook 2007 User cannot join into Exchange Server 2007 and

3. Public Folder cannot be mounted properly because it is still pointing to the wrong database name.

4. Default offline Address book cannot be updated as the result of the Database Name kept pointing to the wrong database storage.

so far I've done the fix for the first two problems, but still waiting the help from the other opinion.

it seems that ADSI Edit could fix the problem.

my conclusion here is that, DOMAIN CONTROLLER cannot be formatted !

if you want to backup domain controller, use NTBackup Utility and select System State only.
      ________
      vaporizer affiliates
      Last edited by Albertwt; 21st January 2011, 11:11.

Comment

Is AD working? That needs to be in order before Exchange.

Comment

Working...
        X