Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

W2K3 with Exchange 2007 AD how to recovery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2K3 with Exchange 2007 AD how to recovery?

Hi all,

I am newbie on Exchange Server 2007, now I maked a test server in my company to do the sample test and using before buy... and now just the backup and recovery plan not testing ... after done this part, I can starting order the Server and the Software ... so I need some help here ...

All Exchange Server function meeting our need ... but we only one server
    This server is Exchange 2007 + W2K3 AD together at the same box ..

Let suppose that I had the full backup of the Exchange Server Database (Mailbox Server), and have the System State Backup on handy ...

If this server dead, how do I can recovery this server?

I have ready and do the Google on the internet, know that it is twp part, th AD and the Exchange ...

But I am also new on AD recovery ...

Do I just need reinstall the W2K3 from CD, format the HDD, give this computer same computer (Like mail01) and Domain Name (Like corp.com) and then using the backup to recovery it?

Or after install the OS, I must dcpromo this server to include the AD, and then using the AD backup to recovery the AD

Then later using Setup /M:RecoverServer to reinstall the Exchange 2007 with four role (We no Edge Server Role), and then recovery the Database Backup from the backup is all?

Or above of my step is something wrong?

Thank you,

Re: W2K3 with Exchange 2007 AD how to recovery?

First of all, I understand english is not your first language. However, I am having a hard time understanding your post.

All I can recommend is:

1) (Obvious) : Never run your AD and exchange on the same box

2) If you do not follow the rules in step 1, backup your server with an imaging tool so you can restore an image of the server in its working state, before restoring subsequent system states and Exchange daabases.
    VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Comment

gepeto,

Yes, English is not my mother language. Sorry of my poor English.

Ok, since my company is SME in HK, so no resource to deploy two server...

Any image that can do the what you said? We need the server 24 hour online, so this Image software much can online backup it or like that.

But can you tell me whatever I had the image software or not, do the step of the backup Exchange like before I said is right?

And on a general AD restore, do after installed the W2K3, do need run the dcpromo first then run the Backup tool to restore the AD or just install W2K3 then run the backup tool not need the step on dcpromo?

Thank you.

Comment

Just do a restore of the system state after installing w2k3.

Most server imaging products must do online backups. Backup Exec with the intelligent disaster recovery is a solution I have seen some SMBs use (I'm not much of a backup guy!! As long as the backup guys get me a copy of my system state I'm happy)
        VCP on vSphere (4), MCITP:EA/DBA, MCTS:Blahblah

Comment

gepeto,

Thank you, I will try download a Backup Exec Recovery for a trail.

And thank you told me just after install the W2K3 using the Backup to restore the system.

I will try it on upcoming Morning when back to company.

Comment

Working...
          X