Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replace 2003Exch with 2007, how do Import mail?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace 2003Exch with 2007, how do Import mail?

I have a new server setup with Exchange 2007. Our old server is Exchange 2003. I am just going to pull one away and replace it with the new one. New AD and all. The machines are named the same and have the same IP.

I'm not quite clear on if I can use a RSG to do this? Will restoring my Exchange 2003 backup to the RSG on the new server work from 2k3 to 2k7?

I know that won't work for public folders, so I have to figure out a good way to do them, have not looked into it yet. As it's only a public address book.

What would be the best way to do this? We are only 15 people, and it's just easier to replace the AD than to migrate, no one has their machine joined to the domain. We change out hardware and OSes too often to even bother.

Any thoughts would be great.

Re: Replace 2003Exch with 2007, how do Import mail?

For 15 users you could probably just use exmerge to export to pst and then import them into the new server (need the x86 tools to do this). For the contacts in public folders copy the folder into a mailbox before you export it.

You can then setup the new ex07, import and create new contacts folder in public folders (assuming you aren't fully outlook 07)

cheers
    Andy
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

That's the route I went with. After digging around, I found a few places that talked about restoring the store databases with little luck.

Regards,

Comment

You are clearly too quick for me!
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Not quick, I would say I stumbled across this. I pretty good with Exchange 2003. But the 2007 is a new animal, and I want to tackle it internally first.

Thanks for the assistance for sure!

Comment

Working...
          X