SMTP relaying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP relaying

I want to send all of my outgoing emails from domain A to go through domain B. Can someone point me in the right direction? I don't know the key words to search for.

The reason I'm doing this is because my ISP started to filter the "From" address in the headers. So, if the headers says "from: [email protected]" and it is going through my ISP SMTP (ATT) it will block it, because it is not [email protected].

My friend said he can relay my outgoing emails and I'm looking for instructions to do this. He have his own domain name running exchange 2007 and I have my own domian running exchange 2007.

Re: SMTP relaying

if you have your own domain, register an mx record for the MTA and use it to send directly
    ________
    Dodge ram 50
    Last edited by DYasny; 6th March 2011, 18:17.
    Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Comment

Originally posted by DYasny View Post
      if you have your own domain, register an mx record for the MTA and use it to send directly
      The thing with that is I have a dynamic IP (residental DSL) and most ISP thinks I'm spam cause I'm on dynamic IP.

Comment

in that case
        1. http://www.google.ie/search?q=exchange+relay
        2. anyone who knows your dyndns hostname might be bale to relay, thus placing the smarthost in RBLs
        3. either way for an MTA not to have a static IP is a big mess
        ________
        Weed
        Last edited by DYasny; 6th March 2011, 18:18.
        Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Comment

If it's AT&T then they are not just filtering the "From:" address, they filter ALL port 25 traffic.
          We have had to deal with this issue for many of our customers and I know all three methods below work.

So to avoid this there are three ways....

1 - Call them and give them your domain information and they will authorize your mail to go through. Don't talk to level one support any more than necessary as they are basically script readers, just ask to go right to level 2 and they at least will understand what you are talking about.

2 - Use any port besides 25 (this can cause issues though) however port 587 is commonly used to bypass their spam filtering

3 - use the outgoing server of smtpauth.sbcglobal.net and provide your DSL user name and credentials to authorize your out going mail.

p.s. consider shelling out the extra $$$ for a static IP.
          Stacey Smith
          Sr. Systems Engineer

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane --Samuel Clemens

Comment

I decided to with with a outgoing SMTP service. I use DYNDNS for my outbound emails now.

Comment

For ATT/SBC customers having issues with email here is the info on opting out of their spam filtering service that runs on port 25

AT&T/SBC will block the following ports as a default for members using a Dynamic IP package.

Outbound - TCP port 25
              Inbound and outbound - TCP ports 135, 139, 445 and 1025

The port 25 block can be removed but it is suggested that you you do not do this unless absolutely necessary.

To request removal of the filter, use the Abuse of Service form at to contact our Abuse team and choose the "Opt-Out Port 25" under Abuse Type. Enter your account Member ID (also called your SBCIS PPPOE Login ID or User ID) to opt-out. If you have multiple SBCIS accounts you want to opt-out, please submit a separate form for each Member ID. Do not enter your email addresses from the other mail hosting provider. You should expect that it will take SBCIS 12-24 hours to process your request.http://help.sbcglobal.net/servabuse.php

After receiving a confirmation email, sent to the SBCIS Member account ID being opted-out, you will need to logoff the SBCIS network and turn off your DSL router or modem for 1 minute to remove the filter. You should then turn your modem and system back on and log in using the normal procedure.

The SMTP Port 25 filter does not affect Members using Web mail to any mail provider, VPN connections to a private company or university mail server, dedicated (e.g. T1/T3 or Frame-Relay) or "static" IP addresses.
              Stacey Smith
              Sr. Systems Engineer

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane --Samuel Clemens

Comment

Working...
              X