Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two domains one server

Hi,

We have got several domains on one exchange server, but I would like to have different owa's for two of the domains, is this possible? Or how can I do this? Right now I have just set the second domain as an acceptet domain, but i still have to enter the owa adress for the first domain.

Re: two domains one server

OWA is not specific to any email domain, but the URL could be depending on how you created the CNAME or A record for it in your public DNS. I'm assuming you created it like: "webmail.company.com", correct? You can create another CNAME or A record like: "webmail.othercompany.com".

The only issue is going to be with the common name of the SSL certificate, that may be a problem depending on what the common name is. I'm assuming it is also "webmail.company.com". If so then you would get a certificate error going to "webmail.othercompany.com". The solution would be to ignore the certificate error or purchase a new one for OWA that that uses a more generic common name. (Assuming that you are using SSL, if not then no worries).

Comment

great, thanks.

But how can I make mail.othercompany.com available from the outside? I can make it work when im on my pc from inside the office, but not outside. I'm new at this, so i guess it is a dumb question?

Comment

You would nned to create a A or CNAME record in your public DNS for "mail.othercomapny.com" that points to the public ip address of your mail server (or router or firewall depending on your configuration). Where does "mail.company.com" point to? That is where "mail.othercomany.com" should point to.

Comment

Working...
        X