Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send/Delivery Problems with Alternate Domain

Hi,

I'm deploying Exchange Server 2007 on a Windows Server 2003 machine in a relatively simple deployment for a small office. Currently, the dns settings are:

Host | Type | Data

company.com | A | 12.34.56.78
    mail.company.com | A | 12.34.56.90
    company.com | MX | 5 mail.company.com
    company.com | MX | 10 mail.company.com

mail-test.company.com | A | 11.22.33.44
    mail-test.company.com | MX | 5 mail-test.company.com
    mail-test.company.com | MX | 10 mail-test.company.com

11.22.33.44 is the public IP address of the single server used in this Exchange Server deployment.

The logic behind this is that I wanted to get Exchange Server 2007 working with the test domain before making the big switch (the office is not currently using AD, but will be once we are ready to migrate to the new mail server as well).

So, I have 1 AD user setup in the company.com AD domain.

I followed the instructions for configuring Exchange Server 2007 to receive mail from other domains located at http://www.petri.com/configure-excha...er-domains.htm, and I followed instructions to configure specific email addresses located at http://www.petri.com/configure-speci...recipients.htm.

I have also configured the default domain to be mail-test.company.com.

However, I am experiencing two problems:

1. I cannot receive mail when logged into the OWA interface when email is routed to [email protected], and I am not getting mail returned to sender when email is sent to that address.

2. When I try to send email from the OWA interface it is automatically sent to the Drafts folder.

Thank you for your assistance.

Re: Send/Delivery Problems with Alternate Domain

I think it is also pertinent to note that messages are not showing up in Queue Viewer. Thank you.

Comment

To your question #2 - did you install SP1 for your exchange already?
      I have had this same issue when testing with my exchange 2007 some time ago. I was able to fix it by installing Update rollup 5. So, if you don't want to install SP1, just try to install this rollup and see if it helps.
      Regards,
      John

Comment

John777 -- thank you for your prompt response. I have version 08.00.0685.018 installed, including SP1. I just checked windows update again and no new versions are available for release.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

Comment

check this one out... do you have enough space on your HD?

http://forums.msexchange.org/m_18004...mpage_2/tm.htm
          Regards,
          John

Comment

Thanks for the link.

I noticed that the first and second storage groups (created by default) were located on a partition with only 3 gigs of storage left. I moved the paths to a different drive with 120 gigs of storage available, and I am still getting the same problems.

Both first and second have statuses set as mounted, and copy status set as disabled.

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that everything started working perfectly after SP1 was installed.

Weird.

Comment

Working...
              X