No announcement yet.

Exchange 2007 Disaster Recovery Suggestions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 Disaster Recovery Suggestions

Does anyone have a good Disaster Recovery programs that they are using?
    I know clustering is available but would like maybe third party program or something.
    Does anyone have experience with Double Take?

If you could tell how it is working. And how reliable it is working.

Re: Exchange 2007 Disaster Recovery Suggestions

We have DoubleTake on our Exchange 2003 servers and have had to use it a few times. It worked flawlessly. Have you considered using CCR, LCR, or SCR?

Well I have looked at the CCR and it looks you need enterprise version of server 2003 to get the clustering started. Correct me if I am wrong.

How long have you used double take? Have you done roll overs? Are the main and replicated server in the same location?

Thanks for replying.

LCR and SCR (which is new to SP1 in Exchange 2007) may be a good option for you.

As for DT, the failovers work very well. We've had it in place for about 2 years and have had to failover 3 times. Both of our servers are in the same location on the same network. They do have a product if your servers are in different locations called GeoCluster. The only drawback to DT is making sure that both servers are configured exactly the same regarding service packs, settings, etc. DT has a new option called Full Server Failover which replicates the entire server so it may alleviate the matching configuration issues above. I haven't used this since it's new so I can't tell you how well it works.