No announcement yet.

Problem opening OWA whit user from Child Domain

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem opening OWA whit user from Child Domain

have a parent domain with 2 child domains setup (all 2003 sp2, 2003 domain, 2003 forest) . We have one exhange 07 server that sits in the parent domain. The users in the child domains can log into their domain and connect via outlook but OWA will not let them log in. Below is the error the user sees and in the exchange app log it just states the domain controller for the child can not be found.

User host address:

Exception type: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADTransientExcep tion
    Exception message: Could not find any available Domain Controller in domain DC=Child,DC=Parent,DC=com.

Call stack

Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.DSAccessTopology Provider.GetServerFromDomainDN(String distinguishedName, NetworkCredential credential)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ConnectionPoolMa nager.GetConnection(ConnectionType connectionType, ADObjectId domain, String serverName, Int32 port, NetworkCredential credential)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ConnectionPoolMa nager.GetConnection(ConnectionType connectionType, NetworkCredential networkCredential, ADObjectId domain)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.GetCon nection(String preferredServer, Boolean isWriteOperation, Boolean isNotifyOperation, ADObjectId& rootId)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.GetRea dConnection(String preferredServer, ADObjectId& rootId)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Find(A DObjectId rootId, String optionalBaseDN, ADObjectId readId, QueryScope scope, QueryFilter filter, SortBy sortBy, Int32 maxResults, IEnumerable`1 properties, CreateObjectDelegate objectCreator, CreateObjectsDelegate arrayCreator)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ADSession.Read(A DObjectId entryId, IEnumerable`1 properties, CreateObjectDelegate objectCtor)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.Recipient.ADReci pientSession.Read(ADObjectId entryId)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ExchangePrincipal. Save()
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.DispatchLanguagePostLocally(OwaContext owaContext, OwaIdentity logonIdentity, CultureInfo culture, String timeZoneKeyName, Boolean isOptimized)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.DispatchLanguagePostRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.PrepareRequestWithoutSession(OwaContext owaContext, UserContextCookie userContextCookie)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.InternalDispatchRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
    Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Owa.Core.RequestDispatc her.DispatchRequest(OwaContext owaContext)
    System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep. System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute( )
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Here is some one whit the same problem:

I need to run de Setup /PrepareDomain Command. Only the problem is it told me that i have a exhange 2003 server installed in the child domain. And need to unstall it but what happens to the client / mailbox relation. Wil it keep working ? The users where created in exchange 2003 and then moved to the exchange 2007.

Who can help me ?

Re: Problem opening OWA whit user from Child Domain

If all the mailboxes have been moved then I would remove the Exchange 2003 servers. It should not cause a problem with mailboxes. Another option would be run prep from another server in the child domain.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: Problem opening OWA whit user from Child Domain

I have run the domain prep from a workstation. And now OWA works great.