Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 with two self-made certificates

Hello.
    Hope anyone could help we with this scenario.
    I've one Exchange 2007 server, and have made my own certificates both for the internet adress and one for the intranet adress. It seemed to work fine, but I've had some serious problems with mobile-access and Vista clients (which will not accept the certificate(s)) So hope there is a better guide to help me land this problem. I use my own CA server

Regards Buba

Re: Exchange 2007 with two self-made certificates

i have read about this problems here at Petri...

if i remember right you have to import them to the phone somehow... or add them to trusted certs...

Yaniv F
    MCSE 2000 Done
    RHCE Done

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but somehow these certificates are not valid
      These certificates are accepted on win2000/2003 servers and WinXP.
      But Vista and Mobile-devices says it is not valid. So I think the certificates are made with an error somehow

Comment

not valid because of date? or because it's not from a company like verisign?

i thing that maybe new OS's like Vista block self signet cert's... i am not sure but could be.
        MCSE 2000 Done
        RHCE Done

Comment

I really don't know The date is 2011, but its not like verisign.
          Well about Vista I just found out that if I had a Vista pc in my domain, the certificate works But really not without joining And as for the mobile-devices, they just refuse to import the certificate.

Anyway thanks for reply, but I think I'll give up

Comment

Well for those interested, I found the solution. First of all I had many (useless) certificates. So I deleted them all from the shell. Then made a new official, and selected the services which should be used. Then i followed the Microsoft solution for internal fixup http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940726

Then it works as it's supposed too

Comment

Re: Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing your answer with us! I'm sure others will also benefit from knowing what was wrong and how you fixed it.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
              Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
              MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
              X