Schema prepareation issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schema prepareation issue

I intend to install the first Exchange 2007 server in a testing envirament. the forest contains a root (place holder) domain and a chaild domain.
    Let say PD:aaa.com, Chaild: bbb.aaa.com.

The forest and all domains are Windows 2003 level.
    Running the setup I get the following error.

Organization Prerequisites
    Failed

Error:
    Setup needs to contact the Active Directory schema master but this computer is not in the same Active Directory domain as the schema master

Recommended Action: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...6-cb9ac4788988

Error:
    Setup encountered a problem while validating the state of Active Directory: Exchange organization-level objects have not been created, and setup cannot create them because the local computer is not in the same domain and site as the schema master. Run setup with the /prepareAD parameter on a computer in the domain xxxxxx and wait for replication to complete.
    It is clear what does it mean.
    The problem is that I don't have any x64 server in the root (aaa.com) domain where the schema preparation should be done.
    I see only two solutions:

1. Temporary move the x64 server from chaild to root domain and run setup /preparetopology
    2. Use the x32 trial version of Exchange 2007 to handle the preparation in the root domain.

Thanks for any advice.
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Re: Schema prepareation issue

Finally I used x32 trial version of Exchange 2007 to extend the shema and prepare the root domain. After that the installation was successfully.

Even if only the x64 version of Exchange 2007 is supported, I expect to be smart solution provided by Microsoft for this problem, a way to extend the schema and prepare the domain on a x86 server and not only on x64.
    Regards,
    Csaba Papp
    MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
    Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Re: Schema prepareation issue

Thanks for sharing

I hope it will be solved in SP1....
      CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
      Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
      Polycom Israel.

Comment

Working...
      X