Removing a dead server from an Exchange Organization

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing a dead server from an Exchange Organization

Can someone please point me in the right direction? The situation is as follows:

I had two Exchange 2007 servers running at the same time with all roles installed. One was the domain controller and then it was demoted and I made the other one the domain controller. The first server ended up crashing and is now completely dead, yet it still shows up as part of my Exchange organization, any ideas on how to remove it completely? It is generating many errors and slowing down things.

Re: Removing a dead server from an Exchange Organization

I think that you should restore the dead server using the setup /recoverserver and then uninstall it using the exchange 2007 uninstallation option:
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...er-switch.html
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.

Comment

What a relief! Thank you very much!!

Comment

Uninstalling Exchange 2007

Hello everybody,
        I really need your help, please if somebody can give me a solution, here is my situation:
        I installed a Global Catalog / First domain controller in a domain (2003 STD R2), and then i installed Exchange 2007, then i found out that there is something wrong with the Domain naming, i uninstalled exchange 2007 first, then demoted the domain controller, then i promoted it again, installed active directory and all other needed rules 9DNS<DHCP<IIS...) then i was about to install Exchange 2007 when it gave me the error that the ( messaging and collaboration services cannot be assigned the action uninstall), i am now in a situation where i cannot install or uninstall exchange 2007, i guess my first uninstall before demoting the server was wrong, now i am stuck, PLEASE if anybody can guide me to how to uninstall the Exchange cleanly or Install it cleanly i would appreciate it so much

Thanks in advance
        Abdels

Comment

Please do not double post!
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X