Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline Address Book - missing users

Hello,

Recently I have discovered a problem with Offline Address book downloaded by Outlook 2003 SP2 - the Book doesn't contain a full list of users and contacts. On the server I have tried to make available different versions of the Address book and Different distribution methods with - no luck. Exchange 2007 configured to include only Global Address List in the book. Deleting .oab files and downloading a fresh copy of the OAB on the client doesn't help either. Also I cannot identify what is common for the users and contacts which are missing in the Offline version.

The online Address Book looks correct so as a workaround I had to disable downloading OAB at all.

Any advice is welcomed.

Re: Offline Address Book - missing users

Do the users have different primary email addresses to other users or user accounts do not apply the recipient policy?

There are 2 email address fields on each mailbox, they both have to be the same, so the email address on the General tab has to match that on the Email addresses tab.

We had this exact problem with Exchange 2007. I am trying to find the KB article for it

Comment

Turn the MSExchangeSA OAL Generator logging to medium or maximum and look in the event log on the Exchange server. This may give you insight as to what's happeneing. Make sure you put the logging back to off after you resolve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
        Turn the MSExchangeSA OAL Generator logging to medium or maximum and look in the event log on the Exchange server. This may give you insight as to what's happeneing. Make sure you put the logging back to off after you resolve the problem.

where do i find this? how do i enable it?
        MCSE 2000 Done
        RHCE Done

Comment

I misunderstood your original post. I thought you were using Exchange 2003 but it looks like you are using Exchange 2007. I don't have any knowledge of Exchange 2007. Sorry.

Comment

Hi.
            This is the solution:

If the email address in the user object in the AD is different then
            the primary address i Exchange 2007 for that user then
            the user won't show up in the Offline Address Book.

Not even if you create a new Offline Address Book will it show up. (changed from: No even if you create a new one will it show up.)

This was not an issue with EX003,
            so the solution is to change the email address in the AD to the same
            as the primary address in EX2007.

This is a bug but I havn't seen Microsoft acknowledge it as one yet...

Another annoying issue with migrating to Exchange 2007 is that if you have
            a @ in an alias name of a distribution group when migrating you will end up with a
            group that you can't change its alias name... from Exchange 2007 that is...
            You have to change it from AD U&C...
            It's not a bug according to MS, but you doesn't have to pay for the support concerning this issue. It's a change of behavior. OK....

Well, any way, this was the solution.

Regards, Sebastian
            An early adopter (but please give me SP1)
            Last edited by Zeb; 14th September 2007, 20:34.

Comment

[QUOTE=ymi;70896]

Try this:
              http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823580

Comment

Zeb has solved your issue

More info:
                http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/0...f-missing.html
                [Powershell]
                Start-DayDream