No announcement yet.

Exchange 2007 CCR using VPN !!!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 CCR using VPN !!!

We are configuring Exchange server 2007 environment in two remote location of an organization. We want to configure Exchange server using CCR and want to place Active node on 1st site and Passive node on 2nd site. Both sites are connected using 1mbps point to point VPN link which is configured using Cisco devices. Users of 1st Site will use Exchange sever mailboxes using LAN and users of 2nd Site will use Exchange server mailboxes using VPN link. VPN link will also be used for Cluster heard beat.
    I want to ask 2 things;
    1. Is this OK to work with CCR technology while the 2 node are placed in remote sites?
    2. 1mbps is OK for this scenario ?

Syed A. Wasay

Re: Exchange 2007 CCR using VPN !!!

1. Yes - CCR can answer WAN connections like the privios MS GEO Cluster version.
    2. I think that 1MB is too low - don't forget that in this 1MB other communication passes also (AD replication, file sharing, applications maybe...) and depends the amount of data that your users creates with the exchange server - the log files creation (each one 1MB) - I think you should ask MS what the recommendations are.
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.