No out of office replies or non delivery reports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No out of office replies or non delivery reports

I have graduated the EXCH2007 out of the test lab and into a real environment for testing. I have a problem where anyone sending an email in from the outside does not recieve a delivery/non-delivery report if warranted. Also out of office replies dont work either. Any ideas? I have played with the 4 settings under Hub transport->remote domains->properties and no luck there...

I ampretty sure the hub transport is blocking them. I have a EXCH2003 box as a mailbox server and it works good on that server, just wont pass through the Hub...
    Last edited by nealio; 6th March 2007, 20:00.

Re: No out of office replies or non delivery reports

Further to this does anyone know how to enable badmail in 2007. The registry key for SMTPSVC is no longer there...

Comment

Originally posted by nealio View Post
      Further to this does anyone know how to enable badmail in 2007. The registry key for SMTPSVC is no longer there...
      When did the registry key disappear? Was it 1st of January at 00:01 hours, or did it disappear later? Was it sudden or did it fade out? Have you looked in the boss' desk drawer? He may have taken it as a new-year prank.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by nealio View Post
        I have graduated the EXCH2007 out of the test lab and into a real environment for testing. I have a problem where anyone sending an email in from the outside does not recieve a delivery/non-delivery report if warranted. Also out of office replies dont work either. Any ideas? I have played with the 4 settings under Hub transport->remote domains->properties and no luck there...

I ampretty sure the hub transport is blocking them. I have a EXCH2003 box as a mailbox server and it works good on that server, just wont pass through the Hub...
        I heard say that these functions are "not guaranteed" over external or internet connections. I don't know the tech behind it but apparently they can get dropped by certain mail relays etc. Can you track the failed message out of the organisation or does it never leave?

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

When I use message tracking on either of the hub transport servers those messages do not show up anywhere. If I message inside the domain, so long as my messages dont cross the Hub transport server, these work...if my messages cross a hub transport server they dont...

I have tried sending a message to replicate it from the user in question and that message will get through. There is something different about the autogenerated message that it doesnt. I have also turned on anonomous send perms everywhere to troubleshoot if it was a perms issue.

Comment

The registry key for bad mail was a 2003 thing...which it appears has been omitted from 2007. The only reason I want it is to troubleshoot what is going into badmail...

Comment

Working...
            X