No announcement yet.

Exchange 2007 Error Message Help

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2007 Error Message Help

I am running a single Exchange 2007 server, up until yesterday we were running it side by side with an Exchange 2000 box. We removed the EX2000 yesterday afternoon from production by moving the last of the mailboxes and moving the routing service to the Exchange 2007 box (even though it's not supported), then finally removing EX2000 from Add/Remove Programs. Everything works fine except for when users hit send/recieve, they get an error message. The error message is as follows:

Task 'microsoft exchange server' reported error (0x8000410F) 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

Within my Exchange 2007 event viewier, we are getting the following errors:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSExchangeSA
    Event Category: OAL Generator
    Event ID: 9335
    Date: 3/2/2007
    Time: 8:23:03 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVER
    OALGen encountered error 80004005 while cleaning the offline address list public folders under /o=domain/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List. Please make sure the public folder store is mounted and replicas exist of the offline address list folders. No offline address lists have been generated. Please check the event log for more information.
    - Default Offline Address List

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish
    Event Category: General
    Event ID: 8207
    Date: 3/2/2007
    Time: 7:42:52 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVER
    Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine SERVER. The error number is 0x80004005.

I cannot determine if either error message is related to the Outlook error.This error message is not causing any issues within my environment, users are able to send/recieve without problems. The only time this error is reported is when users click "send/recieve". I guess it's more of an annoyance than anything. I have researched this error message and the only fixes I have found were for Exchange 2000 or 2003. Let me know if anymore information is needed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by boondock; 2nd March 2007, 15:11.
    MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Re: Exchange 2007 Error Message Help

1. Did you replicate the PF and verify that everything is OK? I guess that the problem apears only on Cache mode users.
    2. Probably you have a problem with the OAB:
    3. Try the next links:
    4. In Outlook try the following
    Tools - options - send & receive - choose "Download adress book"
    CNE 5, CCA, MCSE NT4.0-2003, MCSE 2003 messaging, Exchange Server MVP.
    Tzahi Kolber - IT Supervisor
    Polycom Israel.