X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 running over multiple domains

Hi there

Im am new to this forum, so hello

I have a topic where i have one central server and wish to make 6 child domains all linked to each other

I want to have exhange 2003 running on the primary server and have the child domains access to ADC and being able to access their mailboxes across the whole network

One question, if i setup all my users on the Main AD server with exchange to create their mailboxes, the child domains have no accounts, do i have to make the accounts again so the child domains can lo onto that sub domain or can i migrate them across some how??

Many thanks for reading this
    Steve
    Last edited by stevenew; 27th August 2006, 08:18.

Re: Exchange 2003 running over multiple domains

Why would you need ADC (Active Directory Connector) on the child domains? Do you have Exchange 5.5?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Daniel is right, you certainly don't need the ADC! More than likely, what you need to do in EACH of the child domains is to run setup /domainprep.

Then, on your Exchange server, create an instance of the Recipient Update Service that points to a DC from your child domains. You need one RUS for each domain you are going to have user accounts in.

Finally, you will need to install the Exchange Management Tools some place where you are managing users for each of your child domains. This is just for user/mailbox management though. You might try this:
      http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com/2006/03/managing-mailboxes-in-aduc-without.html

This workaround lets you use the ADUC extensions without installing ESM.

Jim McBee
      Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for you help Guys

Comment

And, as Jim said, you will also need to manually setup a Recipient Update Service (RUS) object for each of the child domains (don't forget to run setup /domainprep on each of them).
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

HI,

I'm trying to setup same sort of thing but with 2 Exchange servers so please check my post "Two Site & two Exchange Servers" and help me.
            AusNetIT Solutions

Web Design | Web Hosting | SEO | IT Support

Comment

Working...
            X