Forms Based Authentication

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forms Based Authentication

OK this is a little bit strange. We running a pilot exchange server for testing purposes and evaluation. Everything is running very well. There is a small strange issue which i have tried to solve it, after reading and checking on the internet but no luck. Therefore i thought to put here

When we enabled Forms Based Authentication, after we enable SSL and Certificate Authority on the server, we could access the server over the internet and also get us to the logon page, but when we put login information then we get HTTP 400 error. Screen shots follow.

When we try to logon to OWA from the internal Lan and we use https://<servername> it works with no problem, but if we use https://<serverIpaddress> it is the same like we accessing it from outside.

IF we disable Forms Based Authentication OWA works with no problem externaly and internaly with no problem. You can type anything you want in the address bar that links to the server (Https://mail.exchange-mail.net, Https://exchmail, https://10.0.1.197) and you can use OWA.

Besides my problem i would like to say good morning to the community of Petri.co.il.

Regards,
    Iraklis
    Attached Files
    Last edited by iraklis; 24th August 2006, 12:38.
    --------
    Iraklis

Re: Forms Based Authentication

Check the IIS Authentication settings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IISauthen.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	462639
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I have checked the IIS authentication settings and are OK. I dont believe this is an issue with IIS Authentication settings, because OWA works with no problem if we stop using Forms Based Authentication through Exchange system manager. Something more tricky is the problem .
      However thank you very much for the reply and i will check your advise.
      Last edited by iraklis; 24th August 2006, 11:16.
      --------
      Iraklis

Comment

Is the IUSR_servername account working correctly? (Sorry that sounds like crap) I had a similar problem and it stemed from the IUSR account not being created when I installed IIS. After creating the account it needed to be registered with (something) for it to work correctly. I'll see if I can find the thread and post a link to it.

Have a read of this and see if that helps. Upon re-reading, the problems do appear a bit different, but who knows.
        Last edited by biggles77; 24th August 2006, 11:32.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Problem is solved thanks to biggles77. The problem was that we did not have enable on IIS general settings (no virtual directories) anonymous access. After enabling it with intergrated windows authentication it worked thanks Biggles77.

--------
          Iraklis

Comment

Gee, my first Exchange solve, yippee!! Stop banging those glasses boys, my head hurts!!

It was a lucky guess Iraklis but I'm glad it is all working correctly. Thanks for posting back it is fixed. We appreciate that.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77
              Gee, my first Exchange solve, yippee!! Stop banging those glasses boys, my head hurts!!
              So modest..

Michael
              Michael Armstrong
              www.m80arm.co.uk
              MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

He's teasing me, he knows I'll ban him for is post counts being higher than mine.
                Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

HEY, it is my first Exchange solve, be nice!! And I would never tease Daniel. ()

Now stop it before I have to ban myself for being .
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Peace Guys
                    --------
                    Iraklis

Comment

Originally posted by danielp
                      He's teasing me, he knows I'll ban him for is post counts being higher than mine.
                      Not if he bans you first
                      Michael Armstrong
                      www.m80arm.co.uk
                      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                      X