New User not in Global Address List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User not in Global Address List

I created the new account and he is not showing up in the Glocbal address list. This is the first user I have created since moving from Exchange 2000, Windows 2000. (Not an upgrade) Any ideas?

Exchange 2003 Enterprise
    Windows Server 2003

Re: New User not in Global Address List

Originally posted by jerryn3
    I created the new account and he is not showing up in the Glocbal address list. This is the first user I have created since moving from Exchange 2000, Windows 2000. (Not an upgrade) Any ideas?

Exchange 2003 Enterprise
    Windows Server 2003
    Meaning this was a fresh install?

Check out this technet article - http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;315531 - It gives details on how to correct this issue.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Yes fresh install.

Comment

If the steps given in the article don't fix it, try running setup from the Exchange cd using the /domainprep switch.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Everything is the same except this is at the end:

(objectCategory-msExchDynamicDistributionList)

Comment

If the technet article didn't fix it, the issue is an AD permission mismatch. Running domainprep should clear it up.
            Andrew

Comment

Is it dangerous to do this? Is there a possibility I may cause some damage?

Comment

Originally posted by jerryn3
                Is it dangerous to do this? Is there a possibility I may cause some damage?
                It shouldn't hurt anything but as always when doing this kind of thing its best to have a backup.

Running domainprep sets permissions, it doesn't do much else.
                Andrew

Comment

Try to kick off the RUS manually.
                  RUS = Resipient Update Services and is responsible for making stuff show up in DLs, etc...
                  Attached Files
                  Guy Teverovsky
                  "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

worst case will be delete the domain RUS and create a new one

Comment

Give it a few minutes if it's not showing up right away.
                      I have noticed that changes made to user accounts and mailboxes take a few minutes. This happens to me in my small 4 computer network with 1 server!
                      If after replication time it doesn't happen....well I don't know what to tell ya. Good luck tho.

Comment

I had this same problem with Exchange 2003 running SP2.

I solved it by going into the properties of the Default Global Address List, and assigning Domain users the relevent permissions. (I assigned full control - but mine is a test system not a live server).

After this all accounts were able to see all users in the Global Address book.

Hope this helps
                        Last edited by moxy_drinker; 26th March 2006, 18:01. Reason: Missed part of the information

Comment

Are you using Outlook 2003? In cached mode? If so, the issue may be with the offline address list. Try taking Outlook out of cached mode and see if the user shows up.

Comment

Working...
                          X