Can not connect to new Exchange 2003 server using OWA 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not connect to new Exchange 2003 server using OWA 2003

I have one front-end/OWA server running Exchange 2003 standard and two back-end servers running Exchange 2003 enterprise, I can connect to my mailbox through OWA when it is on back-end server 1, but when I move my mailbox to back-end server 2, I get a HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized error. I can connect to my mailbox using OWA on the server locally. I have reviewed all IIS and Exchange settings on both servers and they seem to be the same. Both of the back-end servers have the same firewall rules applied. Both back-end servers have the same patches applied. I'm stumped please help.

Re: Can not connect to new Exchange 2003 server using OWA 2003

might have something to do with two different versions standard and enterprise running on the same network. usually owa is pretty easy to set up, this is the first promblem i've ever heard of, but i bet it has to do with the two different versions of exchange. are you able to bring the standard edition up to enterprise level? or vice versa

Comment

I currently have another front-end server that is behind the firewall that is running Exchange 2003 Standard edition and everything works fine from that one.

Comment

I had a similar problem and it turned out that the router was pointing to the IP address of the old exchange server for external access to port 80.
        If you changed the IP address on your new server it might be worth checking this.
        Best Regards

Peter C
        MCSE

Comment

Working...
        X