Open ANY mailbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open ANY mailbox

Being the System Admin, I'd like to be able to open any users' mailbox from my Outlook session. I need to do this because I have 50 users who have left the company who still have mailboxes in Exchange. I want to move their data to a PST for each person then write this to CD. Once completed, I wish to delete each mailbox.

How do I set myself up for this?

Exchange 2003
    |
    +-- JDMils
    |
    +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
    |

Re: Open ANY mailbox

try this one..

http://www.petri.com/grant_full_mail..._2000_2003.htm

Comment

Doesn't work for me. The group I want to assign FULL permissions to is Domain Admins. DA is an Exchange Full Administrator (right-click the ESM root and choose Delegate Control).

When I click the server name under Administrative Groups, click the Security tab, Domain Admins has full control, but also Receive As = Deny & Send As = Deny, and both are inherited permissions as the checkboxes are greyed out.

However, the link works for new users added. I thought a user or group setup as Exchange Full Administrator would have full access to all mailboxes by default!?

EDIT: I added my name as per the link, and it shows all the permissions set to ALLOW, however when I try to open the 3rd party mailbox in Outlook, it says "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location." ???
      Last edited by JDMils; 11th August 2006, 00:21.
      |
      +-- JDMils
      |
      +-- Regional Systems Engineer, DotNet programmer & Jack of all trades
      |

Comment

JD, you can easily remove the inherited DENY for the Send As and Receive As by using ADSIEDIT on the Organization level.

You can also add these same groups (Domain Admins and Ent Admins) to the Organization/Administrative Group/Server/Storage Group/Store/Mailbox level (pick your choice) and although they've been denied, add them again via the ADVANCED button, and give them ALLOW for the Send As and Receive As permissions. Giving them ALLOW over the inherited DENY will actually override the inherited DENY.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X