Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS and Exchange

Hi,
    I have a private ip address and domain registered.but my exchange server domain is not the same as the registerd domain and its maintained by the isp.my exchange server can send and receive internal mail but not external
    (eg me.myregisterddomain.com) how can do this ?

Thanks in advance .

You need to create a Recipient Policy for the external domain name and configure it to apply on all the users in your domain. You will then notice that each user will have 2 email addresses, and that your server will begin to accept incoming mail for the new domain. You will also need to configure the MX Record for the new domain to point to the IP of your mail server (or FW if you have port mapping enabled).
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thanks

thanks for the timely response.
      i will check and let you.
      i am new to the exchange world.
      i put a smart host as a additional ip address with external address which was registerd through isp,then i was able send mail out (external )but my smtp sender is not the same as the my registerd domain.i am going to talk to them and find out what changes i have to do .it some thing like mayisp.ispdomain.com

Comment

smtp problem

Hi,i can send/receive mail internal but not external .
        i have asked my isp to setup a mx record in the net and i know the ip address of my registed domain.i have virtual server configured with this ip address.still i can send and receive e-mail from external.
        how can i over come this ?

thnaks.

Comment

Working...
        X