Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help creating a shortcut to the 'Change Windows Password' form.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help creating a shortcut to the 'Change Windows Password' form.

Hi,
    We have a set of branches that are connected to another domain, but reference the Exchange servers on our domain. We have set them up with a WINS forwarding entry so they can use the Windows password form in Outlook to change their account password for Exchange (our domain) as specified here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817888/EN-US/

The problem is that the users hate having to go to an option so deeply nested in options to accomplish this seemingly meanial task. Is there a add-in, or does anyone know the form reference so that a shortcut could be placed in the toolbar?

We use Exchange 2003 SP1 and the clients are a mix of OL2002 and OL2003. Unfortunately, many of these branches have opted out for Web access because of policy restrictions at the various sites, so using the change password function in OWA is out.

I appreciate your help and guidance in this issue.

Thanks

Re: Help creating a shortcut to the 'Change Windows Password' form.

The Change Password option is not nested deep. You just need to train your users to press on the Options button, then scroll down, and press on the right button.

Is it so hard to do?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Re: Help creating a shortcut to the 'Change Windows Password' form.

I don't know that I agree, I would definitely say it's not easy to find without being told. But that's not the point or the question.

Many of them have requested the option to have it in a more convenient location. I guess I was hoping that someone could tell me how to reference the form when creating an add-in.

Thanks for your help.

PS: I posted this in the exchange forum thinking it to be realted to authentication with an Exchange server on a different, untrusted domain. If you fell the need to move it to the Outlook forums, by all means please do so. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X