Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calculate disk space (was: Hello)

Hi ,

Iam planing to increase our storage space for each users on exchange 2003 from 100 MB to 1 Gb. Can anyone tell what arethe things being a messaging admin should do and to calculate the disk space for 1 Gb for users in my domain.

Regards,
    Jyothi

Re: Hello

Please edit you subject title - and read the forum rules before posting.

Thank You
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Hello

Originally posted by jyothi
      Hi ,

Can anyone tell what arethe things being a messaging admin should do and to calculate the disk space for 1 Gb for users in my domain.

Regards,
      Jyothi
      Multiply number of users by 1 Gb (A)
      Check available drive space (B)
      If A exceeds B, reconsider options

IMHO, look in more detail at your users and see if they all need massive file stores. Education may be the answer:
      Delete unwanted messages
      Empty Deleted Items
      Archive Old messages
      Use Public Folders

Having considered all the options, give some users more space if really required

Tom
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Calculate disk space (was: Hello)

User banned for 14 days for not reading the forum rules. Next time make sure you post with a proper subject line.

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X