Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubts on 5.5 to 2000 migration

Hi all

I have read a lot of documentation on Excange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 migration, still I cannot find answers to some questions....

I want to migrate from 5.5 to 2K.

I have a Win2K domain already in Native mode. Users accounts are already in A.D..

I have three 5.5 servers, they belong to the same Exchange Organization and to the same Exchange Site (there is only 1 site).

All the three 5.5. servers are already installed on Win2k servers.

Of the three 5.5 servers one is at the main office and holds 70% of the mailboxes while the two other 5.5 servers are in two distant offices.

The 5.5 server at the two distant offices have their own local (on the same subnet) Win2k domain controller, Global Catalog, DNS, WINS.

As they all belong to the same site the replication mechanism among the servers is the RPC-based 5.5 replication mechanism.

I plan to migrate the main 5.5 server doing a "move mailbox" upgrade, which is installing an Exchange 2000 server at the main office and then move the mailboxes from the 5.5 to the 2k server.

Now I know that I have and install and configure the ADC and run NTDSAtrb to generate a file with the NTDSNoMatch in Field 10 etc.

What I was not able to find is the explanation of what happens in the mapping of information from 5.5 Directory to A.D. in these cases:

(Please note that all my user accounts are already in A.D.)

Case 1

Mailbox with alias A has PWNTA (Primary Windows NT Account) set to account A

Mailbox with alias B has PWNTA set to account A

also , in the Permissions tab for the mailbox A the accounts C and D have user level permissions on that mailbox and
    in the Permissions tab for the mailbox B the accounts E and F have user level permissions on that mailbox.

How would this configuration in the 5.5 Directory be mapped onto the A.D. by the ADC?

Would account A lose access to mailbox B at the moment the ADC replicate for the first time the information in A.D. or after I move mailbox B to the Exch2k server?

What happens to the permissions of accounts C,D,E,F? Would they lose access to the mailboxes at the moment the ADC replicates for the first time or only after I move the mailboxes A and B to the Exchange 2k server?

Case 2

Mailbox with alias A has PWNTA (Primary Windows NT Account) set to account B,
    in the Permissions tab for the mailbox A the accounts C and D have user level permissions on that mailbox

How would this configuration in the 5.5 Directory be mapped onto the A.D. by the ADC?

Thank you very much for your help!

crive
Working...
X