outlook send on behalf of

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outlook send on behalf of

Some of my users need to send emails on behalf of other users.

Delegate permission has been added within users A's Outlook for user B, but when user B sends an email it comes from user B, not user A on behalf of user B.

User B is opening User A's account by selecting FILE>OPEN>OTHER USERS FOLDER from within outlook 2000

This setting used to work perfectly, any ideas ?

we are running w2k3 ,exchange w2k3, outlook 2000 clients on either XP/2000
    Benjapos

MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 ITIL Practitioner, Prince2 Practitioner - working on 70-284

Re: outlook send on behalf of

If you are opening user A's mailbox and creating a new mail then it is still sending the mail from user B's account. Have you enabled the "From" Field and entered user A's address or selected it from the GAL??

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

That worked perfectly, but i don't recall us needing to do that before....

Maybe i am going mad?

Thanks for the help
      Benjapos

MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 ITIL Practitioner, Prince2 Practitioner - working on 70-284

Comment

The only other way I can think of is maybe when you set it up originally you created a new outlook profile to open user A's mailbox from users B's computer. That way when he clicked on new mail it automatically sent it form user A.

Anyways, glad it's sorted

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Perhaps it has to do with one of the latest hotfixes MS has published?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895949

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915358
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
          X