Cant install Exchange 2003 on server 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant install Exchange 2003 on server 2003

I had a mailbox store corruption and everything went down hill from there , I finally got Exchange uninstalled (with great dificulty) as i could not restore off a backup.
    Now when I install i and getting an error saying this:

The object already exists.

Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 80071392
    Microsoft Exchange Setup

this is what I get at the end of the install and it cancels there, I have looked everywhere for a solution but cant find it, can anyone help here.

Next question I have a good copy of the priv1.edb and .stm file, can i restore these files or anything similar to the new exchange setup, its on the same server and all the names are the same.

Cheers all

Re: Cant install Exchange 2003 on server 2003

What else does this server do? Is it possible to try installing it on another server? Maybe format the server and try again? Do you need to do forest prep and domain prep again if it was the only Exchange server in your organisation?

These are just educated guesses but hope something helps!!!
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I am past this issue, went into adsi editor removed the exchange server from there did full uninstall rebooted the server and all is ok now. Just got a few mapi errors on the install saying it was the wrong version as outlook is loaded on this server ans should not be.

So fingers crossed

Comment

Glad to hear you are on your way now
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Just for the record: the preferred way in this case is to install a new Exchange server in Disaster Recovery mode - that will let you use the old name for the server and will pull server specific configuration from AD (the part that is stored in AD).

More info here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/...ry-Switch.html
          Guy Teverovsky
          "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

All is sorted only took me til 2:44 in the morning...I shoulda written a book on this lol

Comment

Working...
            X