Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleteing Public Folder Stores

Hi,

Set-up 2 x Exchange 2003 SP2 running on W2k3 SP1 on a test network.

I am trying to delete a public folder store but it keeps complaing that I have to replicate off the replicas before I can delete it. I dont want to replicate it to another serve, I just want to delete it!!!

I have tried creating another public folder store on another server and assosiating it with the public folders and then replicating it off and the it still wont let me delete it . Now I have two public folder stores on two servers that I want to delete but it wont let me - Aaarrrggg

How would this work if I only had one server??

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Deleteing Public Folder Stores

I think it means you have public folders that are stored on that public folder store. You can either delete the public folders that are stored on the public folder store or move those public folders to another public folder store.
    Make the changes/deletions for the public folder by going to (in ESM) Administrative Groups\admin group name\Folders\Public Folders
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Correct!

I do have public folders associated with that public folder store but when I goto delete the public folder from the folders folder I get the following error:

This public folder tree is currently associated with one or more public stores. You must delete the public stores before this public folder tree can be deleted.

Basically it saying that it's associated with public folder store but when I go to delete the store I get the following error:

You cannot delete this public folder store because it contains folder replicas. To avoid data loss, right click the public folder store and use Move All Replicas to move the replicas to a different server. It may take several hours until the content is replicated to the new server and the local replicas are removed.
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Here, check this out
        Regards,
        Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Hey Michael, I went home and (after upgrading to SP2) was able to reproduce the problem (I have just one server setup at my home). Right now the only way I see of removing the tree and store is with something like ADSIedit... does anyone have info on this issue?
          Regards,
          Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Cheers Jeremy,

it's good to see I'm not loosing it. I was going to use ADSIEdit but then though there must be a way of doing it without hacking through ADSIEdit - it's a simple enough task to do

Michael
            Michael Armstrong
            www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Anyone else got any ideas??

I hate unfinished business

Michael
              Michael Armstrong
              www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Hey Michael, I think I've found it. Basicly there's some system folders that need to be deleted. If you go to the public folder store, expand it and select "Public Folder Instances" it will list all the folders that are still in the tree. Now you go to the tree, right click it and select "View System Folders" and then delete the folders listed in the "Public Folder Instances". After you delete the folders from the tree you should be able to delete the store.
                I got this from here
                Regards,
                Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Jeremy - good find!!

It worked a treat - shourly there must be an easier way of doing this - seems a bit of a pain having to do it that way

Cheers for the find

Michael
                  Michael Armstrong
                  www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X