Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange not assigning new users an email address

Details of Setup:
    Exchange 2003 running on server 2003 standard edition (this is also the domain controler)

I added a new user to the ad the other day and assigned the user a exchange mail box during the user creation. Normally exchange assigns such a user an smtp and x400 email addresses in about 30 secs or so after creation. This is not happening now. The user has a exchange mail box and is listed in the global address list but with out an email address days after its original creation and the email address tab on the users properties is still blank.
    Anyone have an idea as to what is going on here. Thanks in advance for any help

Backspace
    Hindsight is 20/20 foresight is what matters

Re: Exchange not assigning new users an email address

The users email address should be his [email protected]

Perhaps a problem with the recipient policy not applying - can you re-apply it ??

Just learning exchange at the moment so that's all I can think of so far

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Is the Recipient Update Service (RUS) working? Try to rebuild it (both of them). See if you have any errors related to RUS in the Event Viewer.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I have re-applied the recipient policy and updated the RUS but have not tried to rebuild it yet. Anything else.
        Hindsight is 20/20 foresight is what matters

Comment

Working...
        X