Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pop3 client cannot download message with attachment.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pop3 client cannot download message with attachment.

HI all,

I have an Exchange 2003 server. The POP3 client have no problem to download message(no attachment). But when they have message with attachment, Outlook express can not download and time out. I have tried to edit the Registry \POP3SVC\PARAMETER\CHECKPOP3TAIL. Still the POP3 user cannot download messages with attachment and time out. Does anyone can help on this? Many thanks!!!

Re: pop3 client cannot download message with attachment.

Question might seem silly, but where is the Exchange installed? Under what path? Give us the full path for the Exchange installation (not the stores or logs).
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I installed the Exchange 2003 in a member server. And the path is c:\program files\exchsrvr... I already relocated the information store file to D:\Program Files\exchsrvr\MDBDATA.

Comment

Ok, so that's not the thing I though about. Does this only happen when using POP3? What about IMAP4? OWA?
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

We are not using IMAP4. The OWA is working. In fact everything is working. Only the POP3 can not download messages with attachment. If message doesn't have attachment, it can download.

Comment

Working...
          X