Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Second Exchange Server

Hi guys,

I need some suggestions or recommendations on installing a second exchange server. Currently, I have Exchange 2k3 server running with over 300 users at our community college. At the moment the exchange server is only for faculty and staff of the college. We want to offer email to students of the college. There are couple options I am going through, 1)add student email accounts with the existing server or 2) install a second exchange server for just the students. I'm leaning towards the latter option because of security reasons. I dont want to put the students account on the same server as faculty and staff. Do you guys have any suggestions or recommendations on how to approach this? What are my options and best solutions? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    ian

Re: Installing Second Exchange Server

I don't have enough info on your existing setup and your exact needs, but remember that students usually = nasty trouble, so you might even consider putting their servers in a totally isolated forest. I can't say that is my recommendation, again, because the lack of info. But you could consider that.

As for adding a new server - no big deal. Just do it, move the mailboxes to the right server, configure proper pfublic folder replication, and that's about it. If there's nothing irregular about your config, they should be able to talk to each other with no problem.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
    X