Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-mail address name change

Please Help.
    I have user created on active directory with e-mail account enable. during this creation I have made spelling mistake on his name, he has already started to use the mailbox.

how can remane the existing e-mail account to the new name without loosing any information??

I am using exchange 2003 on windows 2003, the mail client is outlook 2003.

Thanks.

Re: e-mail address name change

Hi,
    renaming a user shouldn't lose any information. If you need to you can create an extra SMTP email address for them.

Harriet Wood

Comment

Thank you I have rename the account and its working, but when I go to smtp e-mails, it shows both account, should I remove the old one? will it effect anything?

Thanks.

Comment

You can leave it there if you want. The user will receive emails sent to either address. Make sure that email address you want the user to be using is set as the default (bold-ed)

Cheers.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Thanks alot. everything working fine with the user with new e-mail address.

Now I have another user who is facing problem in outo-reply, when he set an out office repply it only respond to users of the same domain, when someone from outside right to these person it does not send the auto-reply message.

what could be the problem here?

Thanks.

Comment

Has he set any advanced rules in the Out of Office Assistant?

Tom
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X